Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andrew Eisenberg <an...@eisenberg.as> on 2011/07/27 20:58:58 UTC

help with mvn release:prepare

Hi all,

I am having some trouble with the release:prepare goal. I am trying to
release version 2.5.1-1 of my artifact.  The currently released
version is 2.5.1.  The version number in the pom.xml is
2.5.1-1-SNAPSHOT.  And the artifact is in a standard svn repository.

I run mvn release:prepare and accept all the default options.  Things
seem to work as expected.  And then I go to run mvn release:perform,
the version that is released is 2.5.1, which is not what I want.

When I look in my svn repo, there are tags both for versions 2.5.1 and
2.5.1-1.  However the problem looks like in the 2.5.1-1 tag, the pom
version is 2.5.1 (I would have expected 2.5.1-1).  Any idea how this
happened and how I can fix this?

Thanks for your help,
Andrew

ps-  I am running maven 3.0.3 and an svn client of 1.6.2.

Re: help with mvn release:prepare

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
this is a known bug introduced in 2.2. The work around is to passed in
-Dtag=your-artifact-id-your-version

-D