Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Svetoslav Neykov <sv...@cloudsoftcorp.com> on 2015/04/03 14:00:45 UTC

Logging for #brooklyncentral

I suggest that we start logging the conversations in #brooklyncentral. Currently it's not clear if I missed anything while offline, whether a question was answered already. I came across https://botbot.me/ <https://botbot.me/> while searching for jclouds related issues (https://botbot.me/freenode/jclouds/ <https://botbot.me/freenode/jclouds/>)  - looks like a widely used bot for open source projects. It's also open source and can be used on our own infrastructure if desired.
A channel request should preferably be done by a channel OP, that's why I haven't done it myself already, any volunteers?

It'd be great if the logs could be used directly by IRC clients, kind of like an IRC bouncer, but haven't seen such a feature.

Svet.

Re: Logging for #brooklyncentral

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Thanks for clarifying the situation. One of the important mantras at Apache is “if it’s not on the mailing list, it did not happen” which is what triggered my e-mail.
On 3 Apr 2015 at 15:36:02, Svetoslav Neykov (svetoslav.neykov@cloudsoftcorp.com) wrote:

Thanks for bringing it up Marcel. It definitely makes sense. What I had in mind though was whether I missed any questions from newcomers that I could help address. It is also the case that sometimes the person asking the question is already offline when you are there to answer him. In these (Q&A) cases logging would be very useful. For deeper discussions concerning Brooklyn the mailing list would be a better fit.

Svet.

Posted by Svetoslav Neykov <sv...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.