Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Arkadi Colson <ar...@smartbit.be> on 2013/05/27 09:28:25 UTC

Indexing message module

Hi

We would like to index our messages system. We should be able to search
for messages for specific recipients due to performance issues on our
databases. But the message is of course the same for all receipients and
the message text should be saved only once! Is it possible to have some
kind of array field to include in the search query where all the
recipients are stored? Or should we for example use a simple text field
which is filled with the receipients like this:
<field>_434_3432_432_6546_75_8678_</field>

Anybody a good idea?

BR,
Arkadi

Re: Indexing message module

Posted by Arkadi Colson <ar...@smartbit.be>.
Yes indeed... Thx!

Re: Indexing message module

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Switching from single to multivalued shouldn't cause your index to break
(but your app might not like it).

Do you have a deduplication issue, or does each message have a unique
ID? You might be able to use the DedupUpdateProcessorFactory to prevent
updates to an existing message getting into the index.

Upayavira

Re: Indexing message module

Posted by Arkadi Colson <ar...@smartbit.be>.

Re: Indexing message module