Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by J....@pilz.ie on 2005/03/30 17:16:41 UTC

Inconsistent Socket Write Error

Hi.

I have a really strange bug at the moment. Sometimes this works, and
sometimes it doesn't, depending on the machine.

I'm sending a DIME attachment, from an Axis client which contains about
2.5MB worth of data.
All other DIME messages work fine, and this one only seems to fail on some
(older) pcs.

Here's the stack trace anyway - I'd really appreciate if someone can help
me out with this.
Perhaps its something to do with the amount of memory on the machine, and
the size of the message being sent?

java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write
error
        at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:129)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:131)
        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:71)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:150)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:180)
        at SOAPConnectionImpl.call(SOAPConnectionImpl.java:176)
        at SOAPConnection.downloadProject(SOAPConnection.java:1026)
        at
NetController$DownloadProjectThread.run(NetController.java:1334)
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort:
socket write error
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.writeToSocket(HTTPSender.java:471)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:122)
        ... 10 more

Thanks
James

This email is intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s). Any
unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution of the confidential
information contained therein, or the taking of any action based on it, is
prohibited. The sender disclaims any liability for the integrity of this
email. Legally binding declarations must be in written form.