Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by "Aghanian, Rostom" <ro...@ingrammicro.com> on 2002/08/28 06:28:48 UTC

LoggingEvent.fqnOfCategoryClass

I am wondering what the logic behind making LoggingEvent.fqnOfCategoryClass
transient was?
This is just a String field and when serialized (i.e. transfered over the
wire) it should cause no issues.  Why not let it be serialized?

The issue I am running into is the fact that I am trying to send a
LoggingEvent over the wire, but I am loosing this category class field.  I
tried using the LoggingEvent.getLocationInformation().getClassName() method
call, however this has what seems to be a bug:  I get the String '?'
returned when I do this call after the LoggingEvent has been serialized and
sent over.

Thanks
Rostom Aghanian