Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Bob Paulin <bo...@bobpaulin.com> on 2021/01/09 03:19:53 UTC

Wrap protocol support for Java 11 jars

Hi,

I recently submitted an issue relate to a camel-karaf feature that uses
the karaf wrap command [1].  Karaf delegates this work to the
pax-url-wrap library which uses a older version of bndtools (2.3.0).
Trying to think of a way forward since the pax ecosystem as a whole is
mostly on bndtools 2.3.0.  Does it make sense to wait for pax to upgrade
bndtools or might it be possible to move the wrap code into Karaf?  Not
sure if anyone else is looking at this and has other ideas.  This is
going to become more of a problem as more jars are complied on more
recent versions of Java.  Already starting to see this pop up in other
places [2] [3].  I think it would be good start discussing a path
forward.  Thanks!

- Bob

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-6988

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-15662

[3]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57808832/apache-karaf-startup-arrayindexoutofboundsexception-19

Re: Wrap protocol support for Java 11 jars

Posted by Bob Paulin <bo...@bobpaulin.com>.
Thanks JB you rock!

-Bob
Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.