Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by rsgyasi <rs...@hotmail.com> on 2006/03/18 23:27:43 UTC

I keep getting MKACTIVITY ---authorization failed

Hi all:
          I am registered on tigris.org and I am trying to create a snapshot of a release. I keep getting this Message:svn: MKACTIVITY  of repos/svn/!svn/act --- -------------------------authorization failed(http://svn.collab.net)
Can anyone let me know the probable cause of this?  Do I need special permission from admin to do gain access and if so how do I go about it?

Thanks.

speedy

Re: I keep getting MKACTIVITY ---authorization failed

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
rsgyasi wrote:
> Hi all:
>           I am registered on tigris.org and I am trying to create a
> snapshot of a release. I keep getting this Message:svn: MKACTIVITY  of
> repos/svn/!svn/act --- -------------------------authorization
> failed(http://svn.collab.net)
> Can anyone let me know the probable cause of this?  Do I need special
> permission from admin to do gain access and if so how do I go about it?

Looks like you're trying to commit the Subversion source code repository,
judging by "svn.collab.net" as the machine name as "repos/svn" at the head
of your MKACTIVITY URL.  Are you sure you're trying to do what you think
you're trying to do?

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>

Re: I keep getting MKACTIVITY ---authorization failed

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@red-bean.com>.
We need more detail from you.  You have a tigris account, but your
repository is on svn.collab.net, rather than on tigris.org?  What
project is this?  Has someone given you commit permissions yet?  Have
you talked to the project's maintainers about this?