Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Yuqi Gu <gu...@apache.org> on 2023/01/02 09:53:59 UTC

[VOTE] Release Bigtop version 3.2.0

Hi folks,

Happy new year. Wishing you a joyous 2023!

This is the vote for release 3.2.0 of Apache Bigtop.

It fixes the following issues:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12351744&styleName=Html&projectId=12311420&Create=Create&atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED_0c5628433bd6c28f4870207ac025b584c21d3bec_lout

Maybe you guys are enjoying your holiday.
I'd like to extend the vote time window which will be going for 2 weeks
and the vote will be closed on January 14th, 2022 at 6pm PDT.

Please download, test and vote with

[ ] +1, accept RC0 as the official 3.2.0 release of Apache Bigtop
[ ] +0, I don't care either way,
[ ] -1, do not accept RC0 as the official 3.2.0 release of Apache
Bigtop, because...

Source and binary files:
        https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/bigtop/bigtop-3.2.0-RC0/

Maven staging repo:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebigtop-1037

The git tag to be voted upon is release-3.2.0
<https://github.com/apache/bigtop/tree/release-3.2.0>

Bigtop's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
        https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/bigtop/KEYS

You can see the results of packaging and smoke tests on
the CI environment in the following URLs.
Since our computation resources are limited, it's hard to pass all tests
parallel on the respectively limited nodes.
I splitted packaging and smoke tests by the Distros respectively.
The smoke tests succeeded and some builds had to be retried in
"xxx-smoke-tests-supplement".
But there are still python dependency issues in Ubuntu-22.04 smoke tests.
The BIGTOP-3898 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-3898> was
created to track it.
To make 3.2.0 release move forward, let's push BIGTOP-3898
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-3898> to the later release
and I will add the related comments in the release notes.

*Packaging*:
    https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Releases/job/Bigtop-3.2.0-centos-7/
    https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Releases/job/Bigtop-3.2.0-debian-10/
    https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Releases/job/Bigtop-3.2.0-debian-11/
    https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Releases/job/Bigtop-3.2.0-fedora-36/

https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Releases/job/Bigtop-3.2.0-rockylinux-8/

https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Releases/job/Bigtop-3.2.0-ubuntu-20.04/

https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Releases/job/Bigtop-3.2.0-ubuntu-22.04/

 *Smoke tests*:

https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Test/job/Bigtop-3.2.0-centos-smoke-tests/

https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Test/job/Bigtop-3.2.0-centos-smoke-tests-supplement/

https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Test/job/Bigtop-3.2.0-debian-10-smoke-tests/

https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Test/job/Bigtop-3.2.0-debian-10-smoke-tests-supplement/

https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Test/job/Bigtop-3.2.0-debian-11-smoke-tests/

https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Test/job/Bigtop-3.2.0-debian-11-smoke-tests-supplement/

https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Test/job/Bigtop-3.2.0-rockylinux-8-smoke-tests/

https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Test/job/Bigtop-3.2.0-fedora-36-smoke-tests/

https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Test/job/Bigtop-3.2.0-fedora-smoke-tests-supplement/

https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Test/job/Bigtop-3.2.0-ubuntu-20.04-smoke-tests/

https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Test/job/Bigtop-3.2.0-ubuntu-22.04-smoke-tests/

BRs,
Yuqi

Re: [VOTE] Release Bigtop version 3.2.0

Posted by Yu Hou <hy...@163.com>.
+1

Best Regards,
Yu Hou

---- Replied Message ----
| From | Yuqi Gu<gu...@apache.org> |
| Date | 01/02/2023 17:53 |
| To | dev<de...@bigtop.apache.org> |
| Cc | |
| Subject | [VOTE] Release Bigtop version 3.2.0 |

<https://github.com/apache/bigtop/tree/release-3.2.0&gt;

The BIGTOP-3898 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-3898&gt; was
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-3898&gt; to the later release

Posted by Yuqi Gu <gu...@apache.org>.
Kengo and Masatake, thanks for your comments,

*>> It would be better to add a smoke test for Phoenix to the supplement CI
jobs,*
*>>since it's available now thanks to BIGTOP-3887.*
Agreed. The supplement CI was created and phoenix smoke tests were passed:
https://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Test/job/Bigtop-3.2.0-Phoenix/

The CHANGES.txt and release-notes.xml have been updated ( BIGTOP-2971,
BIGTOP-3820 and BIGTOP-3849 for Ranger were also removed):
https://github.com/apache/bigtop/commit/13021fcabafff320dfed6d0b8abed3ca630432b7

I will create cwiki of v3.2.0 later and also notify that BIGTOP-3896 /
BIGTOP-3897 / BIGTOP-3898 would be fixed in the next v3.2.1 release and
mention them in the upcoming release announcement.

And thank you for the votes, Kengo and Masatake. Here's my +1 (binding).
With three binding +1s, and no -1 or +-0 votes, the vote for the 3.2.0
release PASSED.

Binding +1s:
Kengo Seki
Masatake Iwasaki
Yuqi Gu

Thank you all for voting and testing to make this release happen.

BRs,
Yuqi

Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.com> 于2023年1月14日周六 23:31写道:

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.com>.
+1

Posted by Kengo Seki <se...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yuqi Gu <gu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.com>.

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <sn...@apache.org>.
+1 (not a binding vote)

Put a Bigtop 3.2.0 Hadoop cluster into production:
- Ubuntu 20.04 (tried 22.04 but hit BIGTOP-3898)
- master + 8 nodes, AWS EC2 ARM instances
- HDFS and YARN
- (so far) successfully running Hive queries / jobs
- read/write from/to S3 (via S3A)

Thanks everybody! Good job!
~Sebastian