Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Mahesh Khambadkone <ma...@games2win.com> on 2009/06/01 07:32:44 UTC

RE: Using mod_perl on Vista - get Error - Can't load Perl module ModPerl::Registry

The config sample you sent now allows my Apache to start-up, but I get an
error.

1)	The config sample I was using was taken from the mod_perl
Developer's Cookbook - Recipe 2.2 Using Apache Registry. I guess a lot of
the other examples there will be buggy !

2)	The new error I get is when the Perl script is actually run :

Can't load 'D:/Perl/site/lib/auto/Apache2/ServerUtil/ServerUtil.dll' for
module Apache2::ServerUtil: load_file:The specified procedure could not be
found at D:/Perl/lib/XSLoader.pm line 64.\n
at D:/Perl/site/lib/Apache2/XSLoader.pm line 31\n
Compilation failed in require at D:/Perl/site/lib/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm
line 30.\n
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
D:/Perl/site/lib/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 30.\n
Compilation failed in require at (eval 6) line 3.\n
	...propagated at D:/Perl/lib/base.pm line 93.\n
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at D:/Perl/site/lib/ModPerl/Registry.pm
line 26.\n
Compilation failed in require at (eval 5) line 3.\n

The ServerUtil.dll file does exist.

Is this a configuration issue to do with my version of Perl / ActivePerl and
Apache?

Regards,
Mahesh

Posted by Mahesh Khambadkone <ma...@games2win.com>.
Unfortuntely, that did not help either (libapreq2)

Posted by Jean-Damien Durand <je...@free.fr>.
Mahesh Khambadkone a écrit :
> Thanks for the revert.
>
> I'm running Apache 2.2.x and perl-5.10.0, using binary build 1104 of
> ActiveState.
>
> 1)	Yes, the ppm package was taken from
>      http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/PPMPackages/10xx/mod_perl.ppd, as per
> instructions at
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/os/win32/install.html#PPM_Packages, and I
> specified that the mod_perl.so be installed at c:\mod_perl.
>
> 2)	Yes, my .conf file includes a loadfile before the LoadModule :
>
> LoadFile "D:/Perl/bin/perl510.dll"
> LoadModule perl_module "C:/mod_perl/mod_perl.so"
>

> I used c:\mod_perl as per http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/rename.html.
>
> In anycase, I went ahead and uninstalled mod_perl, reinstalling directly
> into c:\apache\modules, but I still get the same error.

Perhaps a hidden dependency to apreq ?
http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/PPMPackages/10xx/libapreq2.ppd .
Who knows. Cheers, JD.

RE: Using mod_perl on Vista - get Error - Can't load Perl module ModPerl::Registry

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 12:32 AM, Mahesh Khambadkone
<ma...@games2win.com> wrote:
> The config sample you sent now allows my Apache to start-up, but I get an
> error.
>
> 1)      The config sample I was using was taken from the mod_perl
> Developer's Cookbook - Recipe 2.2 Using Apache Registry. I guess a lot of
> the other examples there will be buggy !

I don't think one can conclude they're buggy, as there's still
problems with your setup, as described below.

> 2)      The new error I get is when the Perl script is actually run :
>
> Can't load 'D:/Perl/site/lib/auto/Apache2/ServerUtil/ServerUtil.dll' for
> module Apache2::ServerUtil: load_file:The specified procedure could not be
> found at D:/Perl/lib/XSLoader.pm line 64.\n
> at D:/Perl/site/lib/Apache2/XSLoader.pm line 31\n
> Compilation failed in require at
D:/Perl/site/lib/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm
> line 30.\n
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> D:/Perl/site/lib/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 30.\n
> Compilation failed in require at (eval 6) line 3.\n
>        ...propagated at D:/Perl/lib/base.pm line 93.\n
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at D:/Perl/site/lib/ModPerl/Registry.pm
> line 26.\n
> Compilation failed in require at (eval 5) line 3.\n
>
> The ServerUtil.dll file does exist.

There's a couple of things to check:

- if you're running Apache 2.2.x and perl-5.10, the relevant mod_perl
ppm package to install is
     http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/PPMPackages/10xx/mod_perl.ppd
Was that installation successful, including installation of
mod_perl.so under your Apache modules subdirectory?

- Does having a directive in your httpd.conf to load the perl510.dll, like
   LoadFile "/Path/to/your/Perl/bin/perl510.dll"
help? This should go before the
directive which loads mod_perl.so.

--
best regards,
Randy

Re: Using mod_perl on Vista - get Error - Can't load Perl module ModPerl::Registry

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@gmail.com>.