Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Darran White <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/20 17:56:46 UTC

Get list of all design docs without a view

Hi,
I`m writing a little app to create a script ,in json format, of an existing
CouchDB database which can then be used to recreate the structure of the
Couch DB database.
I`d like to be able to read all the design documents but not any other
documents and if possible I`d like to do this without using a view.

So is it possible to either get all the design documents in the database
without knowing there names up front?
Or get a list of the ids of all the design documents in a couchDB database?

Otherwise I guess I`ll have to change my scripting  tool to create a tempary
view which will get all the design doc ids "_design" part of the id as a key
and use that instead.

thanks

Darran

Re: Get list of all design docs without a view

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
You can use the _all_docs end point with a start and end key of
_design/ and _design0

HTH,
Paul Davis