Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com> on 2019/01/30 06:37:58 UTC

Fwd: Google Summer of Code 2019 is coming

Hi Cameleers,
the deadline for this is tomorrow, does anyone have the ambition/time
to mentor or at least can we identify some issues that we would like a
student to work on?

I think it would be a good opportunity to get someone
contributing/helping/getting started with Camel 3 effort.

zoran

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I added the etcd v3 component issue to the list

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------

On Thursday, January 31, 2019, 2:20:59 PM GMT+1, Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com> wrote:

Hi Cameleers,
just a reminder that we were asked to nominate some issues for GSoC by
the end of today. So if you can think of an issue in JIRA just add
`gsoc2019` label to it. I can see that for now only the website issue
is labeled for GSoC.

zoran

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
For the others I'm fine.
--Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail: ancosen1985@yahoo.comTwitter: @oscerd2Github: oscerd

    On Thursday, January 31, 2019, 2:47:29 PM GMT+1, Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com> wrote:

 For Apache Pulsar, I'm already working on that.
--Andrea Cosentino ----------------------------------Apache Camel PMC ChairApache Karaf CommitterApache Servicemix PMC MemberEmail: ancosen1985@yahoo.comTwitter: @oscerd2Github: oscerd

    On Thursday, January 31, 2019, 2:45:59 PM GMT+1, Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com> wrote:

 Hi Dimitry,
good call, I think issues that are about creating new components are
good candidates like:
- CAMEL-10173 for etcd3 component
- CAMEL-12665 for Apache Pulsar component
- CAMEL-10652 for Kafka stream
- CAMEL-12543 for Debezium

just from a quick glance,

zoran

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Dimitry,

Posted by Dmitry Volodin <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zoran!

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Cameleers,

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Cameleers,
I've labeled CAMEL-11492 for the new Camel website with `gsoc2019` label.

Along with Dimitry's suggestion I suggest that we find some issues
that also can be a good fit for GSoC and label them as well.

Camel-K is something that might be interesting to a student, I'm
guessing we all know one or more tasks in the JIRA that can be a good
fit.

From what I see we can find mentors, Andrea, Önder and Rafal and I can

Posted by Dmitry Volodin <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hello All!

R: Re: Google Summer of Code 2019 is coming

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I currently don't have that time during the week. So I'm out of game. I hope someone would jump in

Inviato da Yahoo Mail su Android

  Il mer, 30 gen, 2019 alle 12:46, Rafal Korytkowski<rk...@redhat.com> ha scritto:   Hi,

I was once a GSoC student and I've been a GSoC mentor 5+ times. We had
great results with GSoC in OpenMRS (the project I worked on for 8 years and
continue to contribute in my free time). I strongly support signing us up
for GSoC.

I don't have much expertise with Camel code-base yet, but definitely can
help from the GSoC angle, with technical code-reviews, etc.

The time, which is required from a mentor vary a lot from student to
student. I had years when I spent just 1-2 hours a week and got excellent
results, but also 8-16 hours a week with one less experienced student. On
average I'd say you need to be prepared for 5-8 hours a week.

--

-Rafał

Re: Google Summer of Code 2019 is coming

Posted by Rafal Korytkowski <rk...@redhat.com>.
Hi,

--

-Rafał

Re: Google Summer of Code 2019 is coming

Posted by Onder SEZGIN <on...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Andrea,