Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> on 2013/09/03 18:36:09 UTC

When to do "Official Apache Releases"

It's been mentioned before, but with CLI, there's not a lot of utility in
doing official apache releases (uploading signed zips to dist.apache.org).

I don't think we should stop doing these entirely, but should we still do
these for each Cadence Release? An alternative would be to do them only
once / twice a year.

Any thoughts on why / why not?

Andrew

RE: When to do "Official Apache Releases"

Posted by "Smith, Peter" <pe...@fast.au.fujitsu.com>.
+1. We have same scenario described by Marcel below.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Sounds like we should still do them :)

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
I don't see why we would ship anything other than the native platforms and
docs in an official Apache release.

We use those from the more frequently shipped CI, and plugins it just makes
good sense to stay on top of now that we have a semblance of dependency
management in Cordova.