Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Dave Wass <dw...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/07 17:08:11 UTC

Looking for a Software Tools/Release Engineer

Excuse me for posting a job ad on this distribution list.  If this is forbidden, I'll refrain from making this mistake in the future.

I'm looking for a full-time Software Tools/Release Engineer.  The ideal candidate will have experience in

   branching/merging strategies using Subversion in a variety of different environments
   establishing SCM policies and executing them
   creating software tools (using Unix shell, Perl, Python, and/or Ruby) to automate our build, package, and deploy processes
   deploying packages to multiple environments
   providing support for the infrastructure parts of the application.
Three or more years of SCM experience is a must.  System administration and/or support experience is a major plus.

The environment is Unix/Linux.  The challenge is to automate our build and production processes.  One of the first target is a 75-step process that takes ~1 hour to execute.  I believe this can be brought down to <15 minutes.  If you have significant SCM experience + a desire to express your creativity through innovative software tools, you maybe a good candidate for this position.

The company is a financial institution in San Francisco, and the project is part of an internal client-server application that is close to full release.  (Yeah, it doesn't sound as sexy as a Web 2.0 startup, but the application is interesting especially if you are interested in how financial markets work.)

If you are interested, please send me your resume, contact info, and a good time I can reach you.

Thank You,
Dave

---------------------------------

Re: Looking for a Software Tools/Release Engineer

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@google.com>.
Dave Wass <dw...@yahoo.com> writes:
> Excuse me for posting a job ad on this distribution list.  If this is
> forbidden, I'll refrain from making this mistake in the future.

Thanks for asking.

This isn't quite the right list for a job ad.  This list is for
questions specifically about Subversion -- a good way to know if your
question is on-topic is to ask yourself: "When someone answers my
question, would other people on this list want to see the answer too?"

And if the appropriate way to answer your question is off-list, well,
that's a sign that your question might not belong here!  :-)

So, job postings are not appropriate here, except when seeking someone
to implement a Subversion-related thing that will be of interest to
others on this list (which is not the case this time).

Good luck finding someone, though.

-Karl