Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2006/11/01 00:07:43 UTC

Hadoop 0.8 code freeze

We're planning to freeze the Hadoop trunk tomorrow (Wednesday, Nov 1)
at 5:00 p.m. PST.  This will allow some time for testing before the
planned release on Friday.

Note, there is no promise to commit every patch submitted up to that
time ;-)

Any objections to this schedule?

Cheers,
Nige

Re: Hadoop 0.8 code freeze

Posted by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Let me restate :-)

I'd like to spend time on Thursday testing the trunk (running some
benchmarks, testing command line usages, etc.).  To accomplish this,
I think it would be helpful to introduce a code freeze process.  The
original email (attached below) is a last minute attempt to outline
such a process for this release.

Thoughts/comments?

Cheers,
Nige