Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Chris Lowe <ch...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/30 11:28:07 UTC

Strange Trinidad behaviour after upgrading to JBoss 4.2.0

Hello,

I have a project that is running Trinidad and I recently upgraded to JBoss
4.2.0.GA.  As part of this upgrade I also migrated to JSF 1.2 (the latest
Seam version requires me to do this).  Ever since then, whenever I submit a
form that fails validation, the form renders the correct validation messages
but I get some weird rendering of the form. It's actually like the previous
HTML doesn't get cleared and the new form + validation errors gets tacked
onto the end - I'm literally seeing double. If I click my submit button
again, then a third instance will be tacked onto the bottom, and so on. If
at this point I simply refresh the page, then everything resets back to
normal. If I use the application without causing validation errors then
everything works as normal. I get the same behaviour on FireFox and IE and
there are no exceptions in the logs.

I tried updating the Trinidad build to trinidad-*-1.2-07-may-SNAPSHOT.jar,
but to no avail.

I eventually tracked the strange behaviour down to my usage of <trh:body>,
if I use a vanilla body tag then the page duplication problem goes.
However, I still get similar issues with <tr:commandLink> - the instance of
the link is duplicated with each form submission that causes a validation
error.  Changing to <h:commandLink> again, resolves this issue.

Has anyone come across this before?

Cheers,

Chris.

Re: Strange Trinidad behaviour after upgrading to JBoss 4.2.0

Posted by Chris Lowe <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adam,

I'm having difficulty running the latest version of Seam under glassfish:

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4050702

Is there a simple Trinidad 1.2 project that I can download for Eclipse?  I
can start with that and add Ajax4Jsf then Seam.

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted by Chris Lowe <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Lowe <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Lowe <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Lowe <ch...@gmail.com>.
I tried with USE_APPLICATION_VIEW_CACHE=false, but it made no difference.

Posted by Brian Smith <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Lowe <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Smith <un...@gmail.com>.
LOL, I guess I don't pay attention to who is replying sometimes.  Thanks

Posted by Chris Lowe <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Smith <un...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Lowe <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Smith <un...@gmail.com>.