Posted to xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org by Rui Baeta <ru...@opensoft.pt> on 2004/06/01 14:15:02 UTC

Newbie at xmlbeans - need help!

Hello,

I'm getting this exception
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: This operation requires xqrl.jar
 at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.XqrlDelegate.invoke(XqrlDelegate.java:70)
 at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.XqrlDelegate.compilePath(XqrlDelegate.java:39)
 at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Path$XqrlPathImpl.create(Path.java:265)
 at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Path.getCompiledPath(Path.java:169)
 at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Path.getPath(Path.java:81)
 at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Path.getPath(Path.java:58)
 at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Path.select(Path.java:43)
 at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Cursor.selectPath(Cursor.java:2898)
 at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlObjectBase.selectPath(XmlObjectBase.java:396)
 at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlObjectBase.selectPath(XmlObjectBase.java:380)

while I'm trying to query an XML file. I only have xqrl.jar from BEA, but I
believe the one nedded is from apacha. How do I get xqrl.jar from apache?

Rui Baeta
--
Opensoft, Lda
Taguspark, Núcleo Central, Sala 204

Re: Newbie at xmlbeans - need help!

Posted by Dutta Satadip <s-...@sbcglobal.net>.
Hello,
The XMLBeans at apache uses Jaxen as the underlying
XPath Engine instead of the XPATH/XQuery Engine by BEA
which is not opensourced at this point.

Here is another message for a similar issue
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org&msgId=1347075

So if you have jaxen it should work.

With Regards
Dutta:)