Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com> on 2009/10/26 15:09:44 UTC

ServiceMix bundles

I noticed that the ServiceMix bundles contain "exploded" copies of the
wrapped jars.  I wonder if there was a reason for that.  Just curious.

Regards,
Alan

Re: ServiceMix bundles

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Mon October 26 2009 10:24:10 am Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Mon October 26 2009 10:09:44 am Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> > I noticed that the ServiceMix bundles contain "exploded" copies of the
> > wrapped jars.  I wonder if there was a reason for that.  Just curious.
>
> Well, I know that in a lot of cases, the FactoryFinder in the jar has to be
> replaced with an OSGi aware version.    That accounts for pretty much
> everything that uses the SPI stuff.   The others may be done that way for
> consistency.

Actually, it allows them to be used on the classpath as regular jars as well.
Thus, we don't need separate jars for use inside the OSGI contains and the
others for use for command line tools, javac, and such.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: ServiceMix bundles