Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Jesse Alexander (KADA 11)" <al...@csfs.com> on 2002/08/07 08:55:07 UTC

RE: applet-servlet as view component

Hi,

what you propose (A -> AS -> A -> JSP) is like calling the JSP from
another JSP directly (not something that is encouraged...).

Consider the ActionServlet/Action/JSP like a little black box. This would
create this picture:

Applet -> ActionServlet/Action -> Applet (for Applet-internal requests).
Then when you want to get out of the applet you will need to replace
the applet's browser content with the output of this:
Applet -> ActionServlet/Action/JSP.

Is this what you are looking for?

If the problem is just to replace the browser-content (of the applet) with
the result of the AS/A/JSP-blackbox consider this (untested) code-snippet:

(in the applet):
String newUrl = "/myApp/do/AfterAppletJSP"; //just any url...
getAppletContext().showDocument(newUrl);

If you want to open a JSP-produced page in a new browser-window from within
the applet:
String newUrl = "/myApp/do/AfterAppletJSP"; //just any url...
String windowName = "__popupWindow__";
getAppletContext().showDocument(newUrl,windowName);

hope this helps
Alexander