Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Tom Jordahl <to...@macromedia.com> on 2001/09/12 17:02:39 UTC

Avalon Excalibur code in the tree

I just submitted the Command Line Inspection (CLI) package from the Jakarta
Avalon Excalibur project to the Axis CVS tree.
	http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/excalibur/cli.html

I kept it in its own package (org.apache.avalon.excalibur.cli) for now.
Berin Loritsch is looking to use more of Avalon in Axis, so we may choose to
take the entire 'avalon-excalibur.jar' file in the future, but this seemed
to be overkill for the 3 classes I wanted to use.

Does anyone have thoughts on this?  I hesitated to check in code that wasn't
under org.apache.axis.

--
Tom Jordahl
MacroMedia Server Development

Re: Avalon Excalibur code in the tree

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Tom Jordahl wrote:

> I just submitted the Command Line Inspection (CLI) package from the Jakarta
> Avalon Excalibur project to the Axis CVS tree.
>         http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/excalibur/cli.html
>
> I kept it in its own package (org.apache.avalon.excalibur.cli) for now.
> Berin Loritsch is looking to use more of Avalon in Axis, so we may choose to
> take the entire 'avalon-excalibur.jar' file in the future, but this seemed
> to be overkill for the 3 classes I wanted to use.

You know what, I forgot about the undocumented feature in the build script:

ant jar-clutil

This produces a jar with _only_ the excalibur CLI package.  Enclosed is the
clutil.jar file produced by the build script.

> Does anyone have thoughts on this?  I hesitated to check in code that wasn't
> under org.apache.axis.

We should probably use the jar instead.  (sorry if I led you astray off the list).