Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by "Nivia Q." <ni...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID> on 2019/12/16 13:58:33 UTC

Re: Returning data to the client after an INSERT

 Hello,
I am using Cassandra for academic purposes (trying to implement a consistency model using Cassandra as baseline). By now, I just would like to return some data in the form of a "result set" to the client after an INSERT operation.I only have changed the StorageProxy.mutate() method to return my ResultMessage object and ModificationStatement.executeWithoutCondition(), which calls mutate() to reflect the change.
However, now every time the client does an INSERT operation (clash or the python API ), a WriteTimeoutException is thrown by AbstractWriteResponseHandler.get(). Is there something I am missing? Is there any documentation about Cassandra's internal modules?

Thanks a lot,
Nivia