Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Paul Chavez <pc...@verticalsearchworks.com> on 2013/01/04 19:32:00 UTC

RE: Possible to use Regex Interceptor in Flume 1.2

Hello,

Finally got around to testing this...

I have built and repackaged a JAR with the following classes:

/usr/lib/flume-ng/lib$ jar tf flume-ng-RegexCaptureInterceptor-1.3.jar
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
META-INF/DEPENDENCIES
META-INF/LICENSE
META-INF/maven/
META-INF/maven/org.apache.flume/
META-INF/maven/org.apache.flume/flume-ng-core/
META-INF/maven/org.apache.flume/flume-ng-core/pom.properties
META-INF/maven/org.apache.flume/flume-ng-core/pom.xml
META-INF/NOTICE
org/
org/apache/
org/apache/flume/
org/apache/flume/interceptor/
org/apache/flume/interceptor/RegexExtractorInterceptor$1.class
org/apache/flume/interceptor/RegexExtractorInterceptor$Builder.class
org/apache/flume/interceptor/RegexExtractorInterceptor$NameAndSerializer.class
org/apache/flume/interceptor/RegexExtractorInterceptor.class
org/apache/flume/interceptor/RegexExtractorInterceptorMillisSerializer.class
org/apache/flume/interceptor/RegexExtractorInterceptorPassThroughSerializer.class
org/apache/flume/interceptor/RegexExtractorInterceptorSerializer.class

However when trying to start an agent with this setup I get the following errors:

4:55:16.866 PM	ERROR	org.apache.flume.channel.ChannelProcessor
Could not instantiate Builder. Exception follows.
java.lang.InstantiationException: org.apache.flume.interceptor.RegexExtractorInterceptor
	at org.apache.flume.interceptor.InterceptorBuilderFactory.newInstance(InterceptorBuilderFactory.java:48)
	at org.apache.flume.channel.ChannelProcessor.configureInterceptors(ChannelProcessor.java:109)
	at org.apache.flume.channel.ChannelProcessor.configure(ChannelProcessor.java:80)
	at org.apache.flume.conf.Configurables.configure(Configurables.java:41)

4:55:16.867 PM	ERROR	org.apache.flume.conf.properties.PropertiesFileConfigurationProvider
Failed to load configuration data. Exception follows.
org.apache.flume.FlumeException: Interceptor.Builder not constructable.
	at org.apache.flume.channel.ChannelProcessor.configureInterceptors(ChannelProcessor.java:117)
	at org.apache.flume.channel.ChannelProcessor.configure(ChannelProcessor.java:80)
	at org.apache.flume.conf.Configurables.configure(Configurables.java:41)

Any insight as to what's going wrong is appreciated.

Thank you,
Paul Chavez