Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/27 08:11:19 UTC

[classlib][math]three tests fail, anyone else see this?

Anyone else see these test errors of BigDecimalConstructorsTest?

testConstrDoubleNaN            Failure    Improper exception message
expected:<...e...> but was:<...y...>
testConstrDoublePosInfinity    Failure    Improper exception message
expected:<...e...> but was:<...y...>
testConstrDoubleNegInfinity    Failure    Improper exception message
expected:<...e...> but was:<...y...>

I believe it is caused by the patch of i18n message properties, it
returns "Infinity or NaN", I've updated it at revision r450333, but is
it necessary to verify exception message so strictly like this?

<code>
        try {
            new BigDecimal(a);
            fail("NumberFormatException has not been caught");
        } catch (NumberFormatException e) {
            assertEquals("Improper exception message", "Infinite or NaN",
                    e.getMessage());
        }
</code>

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab

Re: [classlib][math]three tests fail, anyone else see this?

Posted by Ilya Okomin <il...@gmail.com>.
Yep, seems now this the problem is fixed.
The issue was exactly related to the internationalization and I'd provided
patch to fix tests for HARMONY-1323 (which probably hadn't been applied)
However Paulex have fixed message itself (It's also appropriate) and
now tests should be fine.

Thanks,
Ilya.

On 9/27/06, Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/27/06, Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Let me take a look -- I applied that patch.
> >

> It seems that Paulex had fixed this issue. ;-)
>
> Best regards,
> Richard
>
> > Regards,
> > Tim
> >
> > Stepan Mishura wrote:
> > > Yes, is see failures. I guess that a cause may be math module
> > > internalization.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Stepan.

> is

> NaN",

> > --
> >
> > Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
> > IBM Java technology centre, UK.

> Richard Liang
> China Development Lab, IBM

Ilya Okomin
Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: [classlib][math]three tests fail, anyone else see this?

Posted by Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.