Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Uwe Zeisberger <ze...@informatik.uni-freiburg.de> on 2004/04/16 16:19:50 UTC

sendfile on Solaris 8

Hello list,

I have the following problem: I want to compile apr without sendfile on
a Solaris 8 box, where sendfilev exists in libsendfile.

Even if I pass --without-sendfile to configure, the resulting libraries
are linked with libsendfile.so

The reason is the line

	AC_CHECK_LIB(sendfile, sendfilev)

in configure.in . There -lsendfile is added to LIBS unconditionally und
it is not removed when --without-sendfile is passed.

Regards
Uwe

--
Uwe Zeisberger

http://www.google.com/search?q=72+PS+point+in+inch

Re: sendfile on Solaris 8

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@manyfish.co.uk>.
On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 04:19:50PM +0200, Uwe Zeisberger wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I have the following problem: I want to compile apr without sendfile on
> a Solaris 8 box, where sendfilev exists in libsendfile.
>
> Even if I pass --without-sendfile to configure, the resulting libraries
> are linked with libsendfile.so

Hiya - choices are...

1) build on an unpatched Solaris 8 box
2) build using "env ac_cv_lib_sendfile=no ./configure --etc --etc"
3) fix --without-sendfile to DTRT, send patches

(2) is probably easiest ;)

Regards,

joe