Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Om <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/10 20:09:11 UTC

Re: draft 4.9 release announcement

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 3:20 AM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here's the draft announcement  which will be sent out to the announcement,
> user and dev lists - feedback welcome.
>
> --- start ---
>
> The Apache Flex community is pleased to announce the release of Apache
> Flex 4.9.0!
>
> Apache Flex is an application framework for easily building Flash Platform
> based applications for mobile devices, the browser and desktop.
>
> This is the first release since Apache Flex has been made a top level
> Apache Software Foundation project.
>
> Apache Flex is available in source and binary form from the following
> download page:
> http://flex.apache.org/download.html
>
> It's recommended you install Apache Flex by using the Apache Flex IDE
> installer:
> http://flex.apache.org/installer.html
>
> When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the
> downloads using signatures or MD5 hashes.
>
> For more information on Apache Flex, visit the project home page:
> http://flex.apache.org
>
> Thank you for using Apache Flex,
> The Apache Flex Community
>
> --- end---
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

Looks good, except that I would use this sentence instead:

*Apache Flex® is a highly productive, open source application framework for
building and maintaining expressive applications that deploy consistently
on all major browsers, desktops and devices (including smartphones, tablets
and tv). *
*
*
We need to be consistent in our own messaging about what Apache Flex is.

Thanks,
Om