Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by rustix <a....@gmail.com> on 2008/10/30 13:21:04 UTC

[Help] Number of samples is not equal to number of threads

i tried a HTTP Request Sampler test and I set the number of threads to 15000.
however when i run the test it tests only around 12000 to 13000 samples..
but when i set the number of threads to 13000  it tested all 13000 samples.
why is this?

what could i do to correct it?

P.S. - the server is running on another machine withing the local network

RE: [Help] Number of samples is not equal to number of threads

Posted by Ragini Thakur <ra...@cybage.com>.
Hi,

The number of threads/samples executed is dependent on various factors,
like H/W and S/W configuration used (processor, RAM etc).

Try running JMeter test plan using distributed testing. The help to
perform distributed testing is available on JMeter site.

Regards,
Ragini Thakur

i tried a HTTP Request Sampler test and I set the number of threads to
15000.
however when i run the test it tests only around 12000 to 13000
samples..
but when i set the number of threads to 13000  it tested all 13000
samples.
why is this?

what could i do to correct it?

P.S. - the server is running on another machine withing the local
network

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com

Re: [Help] Number of samples is not equal to number of threads

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
2008/10/30 rustix <a....@gmail.com>:

> i tried a HTTP Request Sampler test and I set the number of threads to 15000.
> however when i run the test it tests only around 12000 to 13000 samples..
> but when i set the number of threads to 13000  it tested all 13000 samples.
> why is this?
>
> what could i do to correct it?
>
> P.S. - the server is running on another machine withing the local network

If you are running in client-server mode, and the client is running
non-GUI, and there is more than 1 server involved, then there was a
problem in 2.3.2 (and before) whereby the sample output files were
closed when the first server finished. This has been fixed in the
nightlies.

Otherwise, samples are always completed. Did the test finish normally?
Were there any errors in the jmeter log files?