Posted to user@commons.apache.org by WeeZard <we...@email.si> on 2005/05/02 13:44:01 UTC

[Betwixt] Excluding a bean from parsing into XML

Hello,

I'm new to Betwixt, and even more new to Java so this may be a newbie question ;-)

For example, I got a class, something like this:

public class CustomerBean {
    private String name;
    private CustomerBean customers;

    public String getName();
    public CustomerBean getCustomers();

}

When I call SAXBeanWriter.write(...), I would like to tell Betwixt NOT to include "customers" in the output XML document. How do I do that?

tnx a lot for any tips on this subject

Weez

Re: [Betwixt] Excluding a bean from parsing into XML

Posted by Vikram Goyal <te...@craftbits.com>.
Hi Weez,

The easiest way to do this is to include a .betwixt file in your CLASSPATH.
The details of this file are specified on the Betwixt website. Effectively,
you need to include a hide element in this file that points to the
element(s) that you don't want printed.

-- example.betwixt --
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>
<info primitiveTypes="attribute">
  <hide property="customers">      <-- This suppresses the output of
customers
  <element name='customerbean'>
    <addDefaults/>
  </element>