Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Narne, Balakrishna (IT Consultant)" <BN...@consultantemail.com> on 2015/06/04 21:40:58 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.4.12 installation issue

I am trying to install Apache 2.4.12 on Red hat Linux 6.5 server.but I am getting the below error while configuring apache using "./configure --prefix=/home/NarneB/mw/apache-httpd-2.4.4/pcre". Can you please help me?

Here are the sptes we have followed to install apache 2.4.12

1)      Downloaded httpd-2.4.12 binaries and extracted

2)      Downloaded and extracted latest APR and APR-UTIL and copied to httpd-2.4.12/scrlib.

3)      Downloaded pcre-8.37 and extracted

4)      "./configure --prefix=/home/NarneB/mw/apache-httpd-2.4.4/pcre" command executed from pcre-8.37.

Here I see the c++ compiled installed on this server.
wsx-dev-vm-mwlab-1 [1]:rpm -qa |grep gcc
libgcc-4.1.2-55.el5
gcc-4.1.2-55.el5
libgcc-4.1.2-55.el5
gcc-c++-4.1.2-55.el5

wsx-dev-vm-mwlab-1 [3]:rpm -qa |grep cpp
cpp-4.1.2-55.el5

ERROR:
wsx-dev-vm-mwlab-1 [20]:./configure --prefix=/home/NarneB/mw/apache-httpd-2.4.4/pcre
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... (cached) yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether gcc understands -c and -o together... yes
checking for ar... ar
checking the archiver (ar) interface... ar
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking whether gcc understands -c and -o together... (cached) yes
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: in `/home/NarneB/mw/pcre-8.37':
configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details

RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.4.12 installation issue

Posted by "Narne, Balakrishna (IT Consultant)" <BN...@consultantemail.com>.
Attached is the config.log file. Can you please look into it and suggest what went wrong?

> I am trying to install Apache 2.4.12 on Red hat Linux 6.5 server.but I
> am getting the below error while configuring apache using "./configure
> --prefix=/home/NarneB/mw/apache-httpd-2.4.4/pcre". Can you please help
> me?

If you have an RH license I think you should have access to their RHSCL repository, which includes apache 2.4 for RHEL-6. An update of that repository was announced earlier today.

If you want to continue to try to compile apache outside your OS's package management offerings you may want to start by looking at the config.log, as suggested in last line your included output:

  > configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
  > See `config.log' for more details

as it will likely contain hints as to what went wrong.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.4.12 installation issue

Posted by Richard <li...@listmail.innovate.net>.