Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Philip Wilder <05...@acadiau.ca> on 2005/05/25 14:41:52 UTC

Minor errors in DRDA package

Hello,

I have recently been looking through the drda package in response to one
of the threads from this mailing list and I have been noticing a number
of suspicious pieces of code that very much look like trivial mistakes.
I thought I would bring them up here in case my suspicions proved
correct. The code I am is a couple days old, my apologies if any of the
line numbers prove inaccurate.

org.apache.derby.impl.drda.Database:
    line 220 in getDRDAStatement(String pkgnamcsn):
        Semi colon at the end of the if statement

org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAStatement
    line 310 in setOPNQRYOptions(int blksize, int qryblkctl, int
maxblkext, int outovropt,int qryrowset,int qryclsimpl):
        Is currently
            currentDrdaRs.qryclsimp = qryclsimp;
        rather then
           currentDrdaRs.qryclsimp = qryclsimpl;
    line 395 in getQryclsimp(int value):
       Is currently
           getQryclsimp(int value)
       rather then
           setQryclsimp(int value)

Philip Wilder
Acadia University

Re: Minor errors in DRDA package

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Philip Wilder wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have recently been looking through the drda package in response to
> one of the threads from this mailing list and I have been noticing a
> number of suspicious pieces of code that very much look like trivial
> mistakes. I thought I would bring them up here in case my suspicions
> proved correct. The code I am is a couple days old, my apologies if
> any of the line numbers prove inaccurate.
>
> org.apache.derby.impl.drda.Database:
>    line 220 in getDRDAStatement(String pkgnamcsn):
>        Semi colon at the end of the if statement
>
> org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAStatement
>    line 310 in setOPNQRYOptions(int blksize, int qryblkctl, int
> maxblkext, int outovropt,int qryrowset,int qryclsimpl):
>        Is currently
>            currentDrdaRs.qryclsimp = qryclsimp;
>        rather then
>           currentDrdaRs.qryclsimp = qryclsimpl;
>    line 395 in getQryclsimp(int value):
>       Is currently
>           getQryclsimp(int value)
>       rather then
>           setQryclsimp(int value)

Thanks Phillip for looking at this.

I assume this is with regard to DERBY-213.  The general solution I think
for DERBY-213 is to change  Network Server to  not close result sets if
the client sends QRYCLSIMP_SERVER_CHOICE or no QRYCLSIMP value.  As you
point out, the code for handling this should be cleaned up and perhaps
reorganized at the same time.    Would you be willing to work with me on
this?    I tend to like to work in pairs and have been looking for an
opportunity to bring this practice into  opensource work.   This would
be a good small project to see if that's realistic.    We could work on
IRC and summarize to the list which I think would be better than
cluttering the list with a lot of back and forth.  I've had success
doing this remotely with closed source projects and chat capabilities
and think it can work for open source projects too and help with
knowledge transfer.

See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pair_programming

Are you interested in working on this with me?

Kathey