Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2005/07/08 18:38:28 UTC

Release specs as a separate distro from M4

I would like to propose we release the stuff in specs as a separate
module that can be used by M4 and future releases.

We know these modules are compliant and signature correct so there
should be no need for any modifications until JEE5 is released. We can
lock these now and make them available for other projects to use.

--
Jeremy

Re: Release specs as a separate distro from M4

Posted by Donald Woods <dr...@yahoo.com>.
+1

-Donald

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Release specs as a separate distro from M4

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
I like this idea...

geirm@apache.org

Re: Release specs as a separate distro from M4

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
+1

My only concern is JavaMail since AFAIK it is mostly implementation
and may need bug fixes or new features until we reach 1.0.

Before we make the final spec releases, maybe we should all pick one
or two spec modules to review for obvious issues. I'll take qname
since it only has one class ;)

-dain

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.
Yikes...DJ...sorry...you fixed it ;-)  I should have gotten to this a
while back.  Thanks for taking care of it.

Jeff

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Jeremy Boynes wrote, On 7/8/2005 9:38 AM:

> I would like to propose we release the stuff in specs as a separate
> module that can be used by M4 and future releases.
>
> We know these modules are compliant and signature correct so there
> should be no need for any modifications until JEE5 is released. We can
> lock these now and make them available for other projects to use.

+1

Regards,
Alan

Re: Release specs as a separate distro from M4

Posted by si...@insession.com.
Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> wrote on 09/07/2005 02:38:28 AM:

> I would like to propose we release the stuff in specs as a separate
> module that can be used by M4 and future releases.
>
> We know these modules are compliant and signature correct so there
> should be no need for any modifications until JEE5 is released. We can
> lock these now and make them available for other projects to use.
>
> --
> Jeremy

+1

John