Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI, Automotive-Service-Solutions)" <ex...@us.bosch.com> on 2014/04/03 18:55:53 UTC

Boosing Basic

Hello,

I am trying to implement boosting but I am not able to find a good example, Some places asking to add ^10 to boost score in some places it says use bf . I have query with condition (Name OR Description OR ProductType) but I like to show the results first Name and need to boost the condition.

Thanks

Ravi

Re: Boosing Basic

Posted by Alvaro Cabrerizo <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If I were you, I would start reading the edismax
documentation<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/The+Extended+DisMax+Query+Parser>.
Apart from the wiki, you can find in every distribution a full example with
the configuration of the edismax query parser (check the xml node
requestHandler name="/browse" in the next file:
$YOUR_SOLR_DISTRIBUTION_DIRECTORY/solr/example/solr/collection1/conf/solrconfig.xml).

Regards.