Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Wolfgang Stein <zo...@gmd-net.de> on 2001/10/05 19:51:45 UTC

How to disable automatic context loading in Tomcat 4 ?

How can I disable automatic context loading
AKA 'Automatic Application Deployment' in Tomcat 4 ?

Thanks in advance,
Wolfgang Stein

Re: How to disable automatic context loading in Tomcat 4 ?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Wolfgang Stein wrote:

> Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 19:51:45 +0200
> From: Wolfgang Stein <zo...@gmd-net.de>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: How to disable automatic context loading in Tomcat 4 ?
>
> How can I disable automatic context loading
> AKA 'Automatic Application Deployment' in Tomcat 4 ?

Automatic application deployment happens in whatever directory you specify
for the "appBase" attribute on your <Host> element.  This defaults to the
"webapps" directory in $CATALINA_HOME, but could really be anywhere.

If you don't want your applications deployed automatically, either put
them somewhere other than the "appBase" directory, or change the "appBase"
directory to point at an empty directory.

> Thanks in advance,
> Wolfgang Stein

Craig