Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Ar...@bka.bund.de on 2010/11/01 09:09:30 UTC

Compare two CASes

Hi,

how to compare two CASes? I like to compute the f-value for some
annotations of an actual CAS compared to a target CAS.

To compare two CASes I need them both in one analysis engine. But an
analysis engine processes only one CAS at a time. Have I to merge the
two CASes first to get a CAS with a target view and a actual view? How
do I merge two CASes?

Or is an analysis engine the wrong place to do this?

Thanks,

Armin

Re: AW: Compare two CASes

Posted by Philip Ogren <ph...@ogren.info>.
Hi Armin,

I am glad you have found uimaFIT useful.  I'm sorry about the lack of
information about the dependency.  It is "documented" in some sense in
the pom.xml file - but that is not too helpful if you are not building
with maven and you simply download the .jar file available from the
downloads page.  Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Philip

On 11/4/2010 11:35 PM, Armin.Wegner@bka.bund.de wrote:
> Hi Philip,
>
> thanks, that really helps. Looking into the uimaFIT source code showed that UIMA is missing some documentation that would be really useful.
>
> I think I will use uimaFIT from now on. UimaFit should be part of UIMA itself. But you could have mentioned that umiaFIT depends on Apache Commons somewhere.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Armin

AW: Compare two CASes

Posted by Ar...@bka.bund.de.