Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Stefan Bunk <st...@googlemail.com> on 2014/10/17 20:29:01 UTC

Measure Operator Runtime in Local Execution Environment

Hey Flinkers!

After updating to 0.7-SNAPSHOT I noticed that the runtime of my program
when running in the local environment went up by 25%.
That might be due to the refactoring I had to do.
Is there some way to get a report of the runtime of each operator, so that
I can narrow down the issue?

Greetings
Stefan

Re: Measure Operator Runtime in Local Execution Environment

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

were the reference jobs implemented using the old Scala API? Maybe it is
faster than the new Scala API?

The webinterface of Flink shows (in the history view) a breakdown of the
operator runtimes. You can also set the log level to "INFO" and calculate
the operator runtimes yourself.
Remember that operators often run in parallel, which makes it harder to
understand the performance behavior.

Please share with us what you found out in your analysis.

Robert

Posted by Stefan Bunk <st...@googlemail.com>.
See here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r041egk3dt9eev3/AADlkAyJBlPXSANY4rwOjCBBa?dl=0