Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com> on 2013/04/05 15:31:44 UTC

Windows XP, Apache, perl 5.16, mod_perl

Hi guys.

We generally work on Linux Debian systems, and install Apache httpd, perl and mod_perl
from the package manager, and it works great.
However, for some cases - like my Windows XP development laptop - I would like a local
copy of this all, to develop and test new software. (Also because I need to support
customers under Windows).

I used to install a recent version of perl from ActiveState and then a mod_perl ppm from
the UWinnipeg repository, but that option doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Could you recommend one "integrated" solution for this, in terms of Apache httpd 2.2.x,
and a recent perl version ? Like, something which works without having to spend a week
resolving dependencies and incompatibilities ?

Thanks

P.S. I do not have a C compiler on my laptop, and I'd prefer to stick to Windows XP as
long as it works.

Re: Windows XP, Apache, perl 5.16, mod_perl

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Michiel Beijen wrote:
> Hi Andre,
>
> On Fri, April 5, 2013 15:31, André Warnier wrote:
>
>> Could you recommend one "integrated" solution for this, in terms of Apache
>> httpd 2.2.x,
>> and a recent perl version ? Like, something which works without having to
>> spend a week
>> resolving dependencies and incompatibilities ?
>
> Steve Hay compiled mod_perl for use with ActiveState Perl and Strawberry -
> you can find them here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~stevehay/
>
> Just download and unzip and it works.
>
>> P.S. I do not have a C compiler on my laptop, and I'd prefer to stick to
>> Windows XP as
>> long as it works.
>
> both ActiveState and Strawberry come with dmake nowadays!
>
> --

Thanks, Mike.
That did it. Works like a charm.
I guess that this could be a useful tip to add to the on-line mod_perl documentation for
the Win32 installation, but I have no idea how one goes about this.

André

Re: Windows XP, Apache, perl 5.16, mod_perl

Posted by Michiel Beijen <mi...@otrs.com>.
Hi Andre,