Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com> on 2019/01/23 02:35:39 UTC

'Ne' Wiki Plugins

Hi all,

This is a announcement of plans to begin releasing a set of wiki plugins
and services related to those plugins, including tagging, page 'events'
(e.g., for building a timeline), form handing via a JAX-RS WikWebService,
which also provides endpoints for building a graph of the wiki with Neo4j
and can be easily expanded. Spring Boot compatible but no Spring Boot
dependency.

These include older plugins I wrote as far back as 20 years ago, some
with and/or by John Volkar (such as the QueryPlugin, AggregatePlugin and
TranscludePlugin), but many are new and almost all have been updated in
some way.

Those that may have security or performance implications may now extend
a RestrictedWikiPlugin abstract class, which provides the ability to
enable, disable, or restrict access based on user-asserted, authenticated
or 'open-wiki' (a configuration flag) status, as set in the JSPWiki
configuration file. Absent explicit configuration, a RestrictedWikiPlugin
is disabled. So these plugins are all disabled by default.

There are over 30 plugins and I'll begin releasing the ones that have
either no or low impact first, gradually adding the more complicated
stuff. There is documentation for all as wiki pages.

See:

  https://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org/Wiki.jsp?page=NeWikiPlugins

for more details.

I'll begin posting the pages for each as they're pushed into the
repository. Once the TagPlugin is in the repository and we use it on
the JSPWiki web site I can add tagging to the pages.

BTW, there is a definition of 'ne' on the wiki page.

More info as time permits...

Cheers,

Murray

Murray Altheim <murray18 at altheim dot com>                       = =  ===
http://www.altheim.com/murray/                                     ===  ===
                                                                   = =  ===
     In the evening
     The rice leaves in the garden