Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2004/07/05 19:02:58 UTC

Re: questionable default value for BufferedOutputStream size in HttpConnection and memory usage?

> Next time I have the cycles to sit down with JMX *and* port Laszlo's
> product from httpclient 2.0 to httpclient 3.0, I may be able to get to
> this :-).  I'd be focused on settings for a client using the
> MultiThreadedConnectionManager.

That should be a very welcome contribution

> Btw, how do I go about getting the Laszlo Presentation Server listed on
> the applications page for httpclient?  We've been a user since 1.0
> actually.

Currently one just needs to apply.

>  We use httpclient as the core HTTP transport for a
> transcoding proxy inside the Laszlo Presentation Server.  See
> http://www.laszlosystems.com/ for all sorts of details including free
> developer and non-commericial-use downloads and documentation.  As to a
> short blurb for the 'applications page', something like:

I'll add an entry for Laszlo Presentation Server with the description
given below to the application page sometime later this week

> The Laszlo Presentation Server is an XML-native platform for the
> development and delivery of a new generation of Rich Internet
> Applications.  For a quick introduction see:
> http://www.laszlosystems.com/lps/laszlo-in-ten-minutes/ .
>
> Btw, we also have an interest in using httpclient as the transport for a
> SOAP client if anyone else is working on that.

Apache Axis can use HttpClient as a transport agent of choice. Check it
out at

http://ws.apache.org/axis/

Cheers,

Oleg