Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Eric Norman <er...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/28 01:10:17 UTC

Support for ACE Restrictions with jackrabbit.accessmanager REST

Hey all,

I've been doing some work to try to solve the issue reported in the thread
at [1] and tracked as SLING-8117
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8117>

   1.
   https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/bb7c9bede0274969f4e7c2363a40ebd6d7ee783536ae02ca5642590d@%3Cusers.sling.apache.org%3E

I have a solution working locally and some new unit tests to verify it
works.

I've committed the changes for the first of two steps with these issues:
SLING-8138 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8138> for JCR Base
3.0.6
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project+%3D+SLING+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%22JCR+Base+3.0.6%22>
SLING-8139 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8139> for Testing
Sling Mock Oak 2.1.2
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project+%3D+SLING+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%22Testing+Sling+Mock+Oak+2.1.2%22>

Would someone be able to review the changes done for those issues and if
there are no objections to the code changes assist with releasing those two
bundles?  I've never done that before and I not sure I even have sufficient
rights to do it.

Once there are released versions of those two bundles, I can commit the
second part of the solution to resolve the remaining two issues:
- SLING-8117 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8117> forJCR
Jackrabbit Access Manager 3.0.4
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project+%3D+SLING+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%22JCR+Jackrabbit+Access+Manager+3.0.4%22>

   1. SLING-8118 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8118> forJCR
   ContentLoader 2.3.0
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project+%3D+SLING+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%22JCR+ContentLoader+2.3.0%22>

And if I understand correctly, I will have to wait for released versions of
all 4 of the above bundles before the new integration tests can be
committed to org.apache.sling.launchpad.integration-tests since the
org.apache.sling.starter project isn't allowed to have SNAPSHOT
dependencies?

I'd be happy to answer any questions if you have them.

Regards,
Eric

Re: Support for ACE Restrictions with jackrabbit.accessmanager REST

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2018-12-06 at 20:56 -0800, Eric Norman wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> Ok, I will give it a try.  Please advise if I mess something up.
>
> Regards,
> Eric

Everything turned up fine from the first try, that's nice!

Robert

Posted by Eric Norman <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.