Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Abhijat Thakur <at...@bdnacorp.com> on 2003/01/13 19:55:15 UTC

Checking if Tomcat is up

Is it pssible to check intemittently through my java application if my Tomcat server is up ? What can i check for to see if my Tomcat server is up. The scenaruio is that if something happens to Tomcat where my it hangs up i should ring my application down, for that i have to check intermittently if my Tomcat is up. What is it that i can check to see if Tomcat is up ?

thanks

abhijat

Re: Checking if Tomcat is up

Posted by Rasputin <ra...@idoru.mine.nu>.
* Abhijat Thakur <at...@bdnacorp.com> [0155 18:55]:

> Is it pssible to check intemittently through my java application if my Tomcat server is up ? What can i check for to see if my Tomcat server is up. The scenaruio is that if something happens to Tomcat where my it hangs up i should ring my application down, for that i have to check intermittently if my Tomcat is up. What is it that i can check to see if Tomcat is up ?

I'd either go for a simple test - like seeing if you can reach
port 8005 (the shutdown port).

If you want a fuller test, then maybe download a jsp or similar.