Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Roman Fiedler <ro...@arcsmed.at> on 2006/11/17 10:25:08 UTC

[users@httpd] Is VirtualHost + mod_rewrite + ReverseProxy + LimitRequestBody possible?

Hi Everybody,

We are trying to establish an apache setup where one virtual hosts
(public.test.com) has rewrite rules to forward the requests to another
http server in the DMZ (hidden.test.com). Now we want to restrict the
maximum POST request size for these forwarded requests since the server
hidden.test.com cannot be configured to do that.

The LimitRequestBody works in the global config and the virtual-host
config (I used LimitRequestBody 1, so requests with Content-Length: 2
cause a 413 - Request entity too large error), but does not work on the
proxied requests.

Is it possible to do that, has someone succeeded yet, is it impossible
or a bug?

greetings roman