Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Herbener, Martin - Division of Engineering and Management" <ma...@education.ky.gov> on 2014/10/03 21:22:22 UTC

ClassNotFound LagartoBasedHtmlParser debian jessie

Hi,

I have created a simple HTTP test and run it successfully on Windows 7 using jmeter 2.11.    I installed all the jmeter packages (version 2.11-2) using Synaptic Package Manager on Debian Jessie (Debian testing release), allowing the package manager to choose the required additional packages.  I can start Jmeter and Help-About says version 2.11.20140918.  When I run a very simple test on the Debian jmeter install (a test very similar to the one that runs on Windows) I get the following error in the jmeter.log file:

ERROR - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Test failed! org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.parser.HTMLParseError: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.parser.LagartoBasedHtmlParser

Any hints?  Is there other information I should provide?  Should I be contacting the Debian package maintainer?

Thanks!

Martin

Martin Herbener
Kentucky Department of Education
502 564 2020

KDE on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kydeptofed<http://www.facebook.com/kydeptofed>
KDE on Twitter: twitter.com/KyDeptofEd

RE: ClassNotFound LagartoBasedHtmlParser debian jessie

Posted by "Herbener, Martin - Division of Engineering and Management" <ma...@education.ky.gov>.
Hi,

If I install the standard JMeter binary distribution I can run the test successfully using the default Lagarto parser.  I've reached out to the Debian package maintainers.

Thanks

Martin

I have not tried installing the standard JMeter binary distribution yet, I will try to do that.

FYI, I do find that if I modify the jmeter.properties file on the Debian jessie install to use the RegexpHTMLParser my test runs successfully.

Martin

> I have created a simple HTTP test and run it successfully on Windows 7 using jmeter 2.11.    I installed all the jmeter packages (version 2.11-2) using Synaptic Package Manager on Debian Jessie (Debian testing release), allowing the package manager to choose the required additional packages.  I can start Jmeter and Help-About says version 2.11.20140918.  When I run a very simple test on the Debian jmeter install (a test very similar to the one that runs on Windows) I get the following error in the jmeter.log file:
>
> ERROR - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Test failed!
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.parser.HTMLParseError:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.parser.LagartoBasedHtmlParser
>
> Any hints?  Is there other information I should provide?

What happens if you use the standard JMeter binary distribution, i.e.
download and unpack the archive.
Does that work OK?

> Should I be contacting the Debian package maintainer?

If the standard JMeter binary distribution works, and the Debian package does not, then it seems likely that there is an issue in the Debian package which should be reported to the maintainer.

Posted by "Herbener, Martin - Division of Engineering and Management" <ma...@education.ky.gov>.
Hi,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.