Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Roberts Roth <ro...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/11/29 11:09:23 UTC

kafka stream or samza

Hello

I was confused, for realtime streams, shall we use kafka or samza?

We have deployed kafka cluster with large scale in production
environment.Shall we re-use kafka's streaming feature, or deploy new
cluster of samza?

Thanks for your suggestion

regards.
Roberts

Re: kafka stream or samza

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 at 11:11, Roberts Roth <ro...@yahoo.com.invalid>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> I was confused, for realtime streams, shall we use kafka or samza?
>
> We have deployed kafka cluster with large scale in production
> environment.Shall we re-use kafka's streaming feature, or deploy new
> cluster of samza?
>
> Thanks for your suggestion

This is too broad for discussion (at least, in my opinion anyway). I think
you need to consider your business impact and development cost for managing
Kafka vs. Samza. It's not what the whitepapers say which one is the best,
but your needs and adaptability. Also, future support is an important
question.

Have you had such discussion amongst your teams?

Thanks,