Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2002/03/12 12:40:49 UTC

Treeprocessor and source resolving

Hi Sylvain,

can you give me some hints on the source resolving code of the tree
processor?

The stylesheet approach passes the environment as the source resolver to the
setup()
method of the different sitemap components like actions (act() method),
generators etc.

I looked into the code and I saw the "EnvironmentSourceResolver" which seems
to be
passed instead of the environment object. This "EnvironmentSourceResolver"
resolves
itself all system IDs instead of using the environment. Why this duplicate
code?

Cheers,
Carsten

Re: Treeprocessor and source resolving

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Hi Sylvain,
>
>can you give me some hints on the source resolving code of the tree
>processor?
>
>The stylesheet approach passes the environment as the source resolver to the
>setup() method of the different sitemap components like actions (act()
>method), generators etc.
>
>I looked into the code and I saw the "EnvironmentSourceResolver" which seems
>to be passed instead of the environment object. This
>"EnvironmentSourceResolver" resolves itself all system IDs instead of using
>the environment. Why this duplicate code?
>
>Cheers,
>Carsten

In fact, this code was grabbed from sitemap.Handler which implements
SourceResolver. Don't remember why, but I thought it was used to hide
the environment object and provide an enhanced resolution.

Looking at it more carefully, this was obviously wrong : the Handler
acts as a SourceResolver for the asynchronous regeneration thread, but
not at all for the sitemap processing.

This is now corrected and the useless code removed. Thanks for reporting.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez