Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Gershaw, Geoffrey A. " <ge...@credit-suisse.com> on 2015/01/21 23:47:24 UTC

Managing scheduled jobs programmatically in Camel

Hello All,

I'm using camel 2.14.1 and have the following use case that I can't figure out how to solve in a Camel way.

1.    We receive XML messages from JMS and convert them to FIX and send them to a quickfixj endpoint. No questions there.

2.    The XML message may contain a frequency tag. If that tag is present, I need to schedule a job to send the same FIX message every x seconds to the quickfixj endpoint.

3.    If the frequency tag = 0, I need to lookup and delete the scheduled job.

Is there a way to programmatically create the job when the frequency tag is present and then delete it when it goes to 0? Right now, we are using TimerTasks with a producer template. I'd prefer to stay in Camel.

Thanks in advance,

Geoff

Geoffrey A Gershaw
CREDIT SUISSE
Information Technology | Credit eTrading Development, KFVB 525
7033 Louis Stephens Drive | 27560 Research Triangle Park | United States
Phone +1 919 994 6412
geoffrey.gershaw@credit-suisse.com<ma...@credit-suisse.com> | www.credit-suisse.com<http://www.credit-suisse.com/>