Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com> on 2006/11/10 00:55:31 UTC

Postfix Add Header Question

I know some of you out there use Postfix and I have a quick question
that is a little off topic so I will apologize in advance and beg
forgiveness.

I was just wondering how in Postfix that someone could add a header
indicating the IP address of the connecting host. I'm asking for someone
I'm working with and I'm an Exim guy and this is trivial in Exim.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Postfix Add Header Question

Posted by p...@state-of-mind.de.
> I know some of you out there use Postfix and I have a quick question
> that is a little off topic so I will apologize in advance and beg
> forgiveness.
>
> I was just wondering how in Postfix that someone could add a header
> indicating the IP address of the connecting host. I'm asking for someone
> I'm working with and I'm an Exim guy and this is trivial in Exim.

The IP-address is there in the Received:-header.

p@rick

Re: Postfix Add Header Question

Posted by Noel Jones <no...@gmail.com>.
On 11/9/06, Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com> wrote:
> >> I was just wondering how in Postfix that someone could add a header
> >> indicating the IP address of the connecting host. I'm asking for
> >> someone I'm working with and I'm an Exim guy and this is trivial in
> >> Exim.

# main.cf
smtpd_data_restrictions =
  check_client_access regexp:/etc/postfix/client_ip_header

# client_ip_header
/([.0-9]+)/  PREPEND X-Client-IP: $1

Note: this requires postfix 2.1 or newer.

--
Noel Jones

Re: Postfix Add Header Question

Posted by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com>.
Alan Munday wrote:
> Marc Perkel wrote the following on 09/11/2006 23:55:
>> I know some of you out there use Postfix and I have a quick question
>> that is a little off topic so I will apologize in advance and beg
>> forgiveness.
>>
>> I was just wondering how in Postfix that someone could add a header
>> indicating the IP address of the connecting host. I'm asking for
>> someone I'm working with and I'm an Exim guy and this is trivial in
>> Exim.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

> Postfix already adds the IP address in the received: header  e.g.

> (ALille-154-1-48-123.w86-198.abo.wanadoo.fr [86.198.163.123])
>
> If your does not then it maybe worth checking the features for your
> version/or upgrading.

I'm looking for a custom header uther than the received line because the
one I'm looking for is buried layers deep.