Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Gloegl <mi...@alemo.de> on 2007/01/17 11:07:27 UTC

How to get rid of ManagerBase logging

Hi all,

this question may sound stupid, but how to get rid of the DEBUG level
output from org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase? I already switched
Tomcat over to log4j logging and it apears to work. My log4j.properties
looks like this:

   log4j.rootLogger=WARN, A1

   log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

   log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=Intern %-4r ...

   log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase=WARN, A1

However, I still get DEBUG level output (only from ManagerBase), though
obviously to a different logger (the "Intern" in the pattern is nowhere
to be seen). The interesting thing is though, if I set

   log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase=DEBUG

in the properties, I get the DEBUG output through my A1 logger (with the
"Intern" in the pattern).

So it seems like ManagerBase aquires its logger from somewhere else, and
refuses to let it be replaced with another more restrictive logger.

I am really at a loss in this, and the stuff is getting quite annoying :)

I would be thankful for any pointers.

Michael