Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sathwik Bantwal Premakumar <ba...@intalio.com> on 2012/08/28 08:32:08 UTC

Axis2 transportReceiver config for deployment in tomcat

Hi,

When axis2 is deployed within a tomcat container what should be the
configuration for transportReceiver.

Currently we have:
<transportReceiver name="http"
class="org.apache.axis2.transport.http.SimpleHTTPServer">
         <parameter name="port">8080</parameter>

Does this affect performance in any way.

Should we replace with servlet transport as explained here.
http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/docs/servlet-transport.html

regards,
sathwik

Re: Axis2 transportReceiver config for deployment in tomcat

Posted by Kishanthan Thangarajah <ks...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Sathwik Bantwal Premakumar <
bantwalpremakumar@intalio.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When axis2 is deployed within a tomcat container what should be the
> configuration for transportReceiver.

When using the servlet transport (in webapp mode), you have to use
the AxisServletListener as the transportReciever.

<transportReceiver name="http"

 class="org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServletListener"/>

Also by default, axis2 assumes that it only receives http requests. If you
want to have "https" also, then you have to define that separately (refer
configuring axis2.xml section in [1]).

Thanks,
Kishanthan.
[1] http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/docs/servlet-transport.html