Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Phil Thompson <ph...@dodgeit.com> on 2004/09/23 21:30:35 UTC

Re: Re: Mail::Audit and Mail::SpamAssassin no longer getting along?

File this under both:
  - too late
  - my own damn fault

but those of us who just do:
$cpan
cpan> install Mail::SpamAssassin

never get to *see* the UPGRADE file

I'm just saying it would have been nice if a question popped up under cpan's installation that asked "are you using Mail::Audit to filter your mail?" with a subsequent scary message. Maybe the question would only pop up if cpan noticed Mail::Audit was already installed.

I know, I know, you can't ever make EVERYONE happy. I don't want to come off as too much of a whiner, because I really love SpamAssassin. Maybe that's why I want it to be closer to perfect and prevent others from feeling my pain.