Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Lihua Shi <Li...@adp.com> on 2003/10/20 19:23:41 UTC

Driver errors processing (no exception errors)

Hi there,

When I use FOP to generate PDF,  I get errors like the following when a file
used in the XSL doesn't exist:

[ERROR] Error while creating area : Error with image URL: WilcoLogo.jpg (The
sytem cannot find the file specified) and no base URL is specified

But unfortunately, the FOP driver seems to ignore this error and keeps
processing and generates an output in the end.

I'd like to be able to configure so that FOP does not ignore these errors;
or alternatively to let the client of the FOP know when these kind of errors
have occurred so that the output can be dealt with accordingly.

I've tried with MessageHandler using my own MessageListener, but the
listener was not called for these kind of errors.

I would like to avoid grepping the logs for [ERROR], especially for a
multi-threaded environment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Lihua Shi

This message is confidential and may also be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify postmaster@adpwilco.com immediately.  You should not copy it or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person.  The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the author's own and may not reflect the views and opinions of ADP Wilco.

Re: Driver errors processing (no exception errors)

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Lihua Shi wrote:
> I've tried with MessageHandler using my own MessageListener, but the
> listener was not called for these kind of errors.

You need to supply your own logger rather than a message handler. Take
a closer look at the Driver interface.

J.Pietschmann