Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Milind Rao <mi...@bellsouth.net> on 2003/07/30 16:45:22 UTC

RE: Customising Chainsaw

Okay, then I guess I'll have to roll my own since I'd like to see different columns for different elements in the message so
I can sort and filter the logs based on those elements.  But I'll take a look at chainsaw before I start anyway.  Thanks.

On a different note, I hope log4j will start using schemas instead of dtds soon.

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 08:01:25 -0700, Scott Deboy wrote:

>Since Chainsaw supports all of LoggingEvent's capabilities (MDC,
>properties, NDC), I would think a transform of this format into log4j's
>dtd would be straightforward if you made the extra fields properties.
>Chainsaw could then be used to view the events.  One thing to remember
>is that Chainsaw renders properties as a single entry - a
>comma-delimited set of name/value pairs (a single field).

Regards
Milind