Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by David Riccitelli <da...@interact.it> on 2011/06/02 13:56:19 UTC

EntityHub configuration

Is it possibile to configure the EntityHub to cache data from other
services, such as OpenCalais and Zemanta?

Thanks,
David

--
David Riccitelli

Interact SpA
Via A. Bargoni 78 (scala F)
00153 Roma

T +39 06 58318 301
F +39 06 58318 303

Re: EntityHub configuration

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 2:24 PM, David Riccitelli
<da...@interact.it> wrote:
> Thanks Olivier,
>
> What about other services, e.g. freebase? Is dbpedia the only one supported?

DBpedia is currently configured by default however you can use every
service that supports Linked Data and SPARQL for search.
If that is the case, you can configure a ReferencedSite by using the
"Configuration" tab of the Apache Felix Web Console.
A description about how to configure is available at
http://wiki.iks-project.eu/index.php/ReferencedSiteConfiguration

If the Dataset is also available as RDF dump, than there exists also
an indexing utility, that allows to index the data set in an local
Solr Index.
I am currently working on a generic configuration for this tools to
index RDF data. I plan to commit this today or tomorrow.
Follow work on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STANBOL-187 to
get updated on this.

Regarding Freebase:

Freebase supports an linked data endpoint (rdf.freebase.com), but
misses an SPARQL endpoint.
The Freebase specific query language (MQL -- The Metaweb Query
Language ) is not supported.
So it would be possible to configure a Referenced Site that is capable
to retrieve Information from Freebase however it would not be possible
to post searches to this ReferencedSite.

Dumps available for Freebase do also use a special Format (see
http://wiki.freebase.com/wiki/Data_dumps for Details).
One would need to develop an component that is capable to index data
based on those dumps.

best
Rupert Westenthaler

Posted by David Riccitelli <da...@interact.it>.